We're a group from the beautiful foothills region of South Carolina & north Georgia who' promote the art of writing. Our membership is composed of:
~ Poetry Writers
~ Fiction Writers
~ Non-Fiction Writers
~ Short Story Writers
~ Song Writers
~ Play Writers
* Our guild has regular monthly meetings on the 3rd Tueday @ 7:30pm @ Anderson University. We do not meet during June, July, or August.
* Our songwriters meet on the 1st Wednesday @ 7pm in Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, & Nov. Call 231-6666 for the location.
* Our playwriters meet on the 4th Tuesday of Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, & Oct @ 7:30 pm @ the Electric City Playhouse @ 514 N. Murray Avenue near the Farmer's Market.
* Recently we started to cooperate with a custom writing service. These guys can bring a lot of fresh advices and ideas to our writers guild.
MEMBERSHIP: $15/year. Your FWG annual membership entitles you to participate in our competition writings & also to participate in our songwriters & playwriters groups.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
April 19; 7:30 pm: Regular monthly meeting in Room 128 of the Watkins Teaching Center at Anderson University. Our speaker is Melinda Long, a former elementary school teacher in Greenville, SC, is author of the New York Times bestselling children's book How I Became a Pirate. This book was also made into a musical that was performed recently at the Peace Center by the South Carolina Children's Theatre. Melinda has been published by Simon and Schuster, HougtonMifflinHarcourt, and Sterling Publishers. Other popular books include When Papa Snores, Hiccup Snickup, Pirates Don't Change Diapers, and The Twelve Days of Christmas in South Carolina. Melinda is also a popular writing workshop presenter for writers of all genres.